Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Wild Subway Ride

We're all wearing dresses and sandals, and soon white pants will make an appearance (at least for those who haven't already broken the no white before Memorial Day rule). You all know how much I love cupcakes and how I travel on my lunch break to different cupcake shops around the city. There is one I knew about but was reminded by from my LIRR-friend Bert's food blog (Phoodographs and Finds), called Little Cupcake Bakeshop. There are two locations, one in Brooklyn and the other in SoHo.



Since it's so nice out, I decided to go there on my lunch break, Prince Street on the N or R Train.
SoHo seems to always be crowded no matter what, but going west from the subway stop, it was more shady and tree-lined, and not so congested - really cute. I passed two restaurants I would love to try soon, one is called Soho Park and the other, right across the street, is called Delicatessan. They're casual chic restaurants with doors opening out to sidewalk patios, and both were hoppin'! I get on the 6 train at Union Square- it's weird they have moving plates on the floor because the trains are at a tilt, and there's a HUGE "mind the gap" worthy hole between the train and the platform. When the train stops the plates shoot under the train so people can get on and off! - and it says it's going to the Brooklyn Bridge...I know there are more stops before that so I thought I was ok. Turns out the train flew past all the other stops and ended up at the Brooklyn Bridge stop. Luckily Broadway and the R was just a short block away from there and so I made it to Soho, and walked to the cupcake shop!! The girl was lovely, we had a conversation about how she is sick of wearing sweats to work, I'm sick of wearing jeans to work, and we are both glad it's time for dresses!

I decided on a blue velvet cupcake since it was one I have never tried before. Its a mix of blueberry and cream cheese frosting, kind of like eating a smurf! It was PERFECT. Soft, full of flavor, the icing was the perfect consistency, and that was a great flavor too - not too creamcheesey. And I made it back to the office on time. Snaps!


(Enjoy some summer tunes- my friend Katie and I love this song: Corrs- Summer Sunshine)




1 comment:

  1. Mmm blueberry! That sounds interesting!
    PS I totally walked by Baked by Melissa earlier. The one on 7th ave? It didnt look open, but i just checked the website and it just opened? Either way, Im going back ASAP!

    ReplyDelete