Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Gold!! ....and other things

   As much as I have tried to fight it, not only have I become a coffee girl, I've become a Starbucks coffee girl. It's a relatively new thing, within the past year or so, that I have used a sweet iced coffee to cool me down, to save me from the doldrums, from falling asleep. I've embarassingly enough, gotten to know all of the workers in the Starbucks by my office in Union Square, one of three! In November I registered a Starbucks card and since then, it's been a total competition with myself to get those 30 stars. A few weeks ago, I hit gold!!!! I'm almost to my first free drink. Yesterday I came home and my gold card was waiting in the mail. It's so pretty and it has my name printed on it. Maybe we should write a press release at work about me claiming this awesome "piece of real estate" haha.

  Yesterday was so humid and my shoes were literally sticking to my feet, and it was terribly painful. I have to find a a cheap, pretty pair of those convenient roll up flats they sell for women. I went to the record store during lunch again, where the A/C was full blast...aahhh :) I looked through their $2 bins and found mostly old Barbara Streisand, Diana Ross and unheard of bands, but I hit gold again when I was at the end...the debut album by Boston. I originally heard about them through the CW show Supernatural, because Sam and Dean love to listen to this type of music on the road to their ghost hunts. For $2, it was so worth it, and Peace of Mind/More Than a Feeling never sounded better than they did on the turnstile. I love browsing the record store, it makes me feel like i'm in the Vinyl Crocodile from American Dreams.

  On the way back to the office, the Sabras hummus truck was there handing out free hummus samples with bags of Stacy's Barely Naked chips. YUM. The perfect combo of salt, texture and crunch was a nice afternoon surprise snack. Paired with my iced coffee of course. I also walked past this crazy woman on a bike with a basket full of junk yelling "don't raise a fist, be a species-ist".On the subway ride home, this man in a suit rambled on about how he lives in the subway and the MTA gave him this suit so he can preach to the riders about his careers. Then someone gave him money. I wonder if these people wake up and decide to be a crazy ranter, or its spontaneous.

No comments:

Post a Comment