Friday, May 20, 2011

Cupcake Friday

In honor of a rainy friday in the city, I decided to treat myself to Baked By Melissa! .  It's this cupcake shop which has an assortment of cupcakes such as red velvet, tye-dye, S'mores, mint, chocolate pancake, etc, plus a cupcake of the month. These cupcakes are the size of a quarter, which is the perfect size. Lately, I have been venturing all over Union Square and the Village testing out cupcakes and talking about them all with my twitter friend, @uhlisuhann . I have yet to try Sprinkles, the LA based cupcakery which recently arrived in Midtown Manhattan.

I got the tye-dye, red velvet, and my favorite, S'mores. They were gone in four bites! Yum.

This comes after getting yummy pizza at Little Italy pizzeria on University Boulevard, where I could watch New Yorkers and see the rain through the open front. I started reading the third installment of the Hunger Games, Mockingjay. Have any of you read the books?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the blog! I really cant wait to read more!

    Today was definitely a cupcake day. And smaller than a quarter?! I love that!
    Sprinkles is on my list as well. Hopefully next week!

    ReplyDelete